Log message: "recycled transaction log file..." - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Bill Chandler
Subject Log message: "recycled transaction log file..."
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hello,

Sorry if this is a too basic or is a FAQ.  I've done
some research but it's still unclear if this is
something I should be concerned about.

Running PostgreSQL 7.4.2 on Solaris 8.  I'm getting a
lot of the following messages in my log file:

LOG: recycled transaction log file "0000000200000003E"

I realize this has something to do with checkpoints
and the WAL.  I'm just not clear on if this is
something I should be concerned about or not.  Could
somebody explain in layman's terms what is going on
here?  Do I need tofix something?  Is this a
performance issue?

thanks in advance,

Bill