Improvements to PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Improvements to PostgreSQL
Date
Re: Improvements to PostgreSQL  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
Re: Improvements to PostgreSQL  (Suresh Tri <trisuresh@yahoo.co.in>)
List pgsql-hackers
I am forwarding this to hackers on behalf of some people who want to
improve PostgreSQL in India.

I suggest you read the developers FAQ on the developers page:
http://developers.postgresql.org

then subscribe to hackers to discuss feature additions.  Thanks.

Suresh Tri wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are a bunch(about 10)of enthusiastic software
> engineers from Bangalore who strongly believe in
> opensource.
> We are currently looking at the prospect of improving
> the  PostgreSQL to the enterprise level. At first we
> would like to take PostgreSQL atleast to the level of
> Oracle 7i or 8i. We already have the difflist of
> features differences between Oracle 8i and the current
> PostgreSQL(7.4). But we are finding it hard to
> prioritize the features.
> What do you think are the important features that are
> present in Oracle 8i but absent in the current
> PostgreSQL ehich the enterprises look at. It would be
> of the great help if you can tell us about these
> featues and also the way in which we can contribute to
> the PostgreSQL development.

Pennsylvania19073