Re: server closed the connection unexpectedly - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Clodoaldo Pinto Neto
Subject Re: server closed the connection unexpectedly
Date
List pgsql-general
Thank you Alvaro,

Just filled a RMA for the memory that is 20 days old. It only works
with the safest memory settings. Should have done it before. Have never
seem a (very slow) memory test catch bad memory, so won't waste my
time.

Regards,
Clodoaldo Pinto

--- Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl> escreveu: > On Sun, Jul 18,
2004 at 08:18:07AM -0300, Clodoaldo Pinto Neto wrote:

> > Thank you for you reply. There is no sign in /var/log/messages of
> > system crash or reboot when or before the problem happened. Also I
> > always stop postmaster with pg_ctl stop and there was sometime that
> > last stoped it.
>
> This is clearly a kernel problem.  Postgres does not have enough
> privileges to trigger this kind of mess.
>
> Or maybe you have bad hardware; RAM, most likely.  Have you run
> hardware
> testing tools, like Memtest86+ ?
>
> > Jul 17 05:34:07 s1 kernel:  <3>Debug: sleeping function called from
> > invalid context at include/linux/rwsem.h:43
>
> > Jul 17 05:34:07 s1 kernel:
> > Jul 17 05:34:07 s1 kernel: Unable to handle kernel paging request
> at
> > virtual address 00040000
>
> --
> Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]dcc.uchile.cl>)
> "I dream about dreams about dreams", sang the nightingale
> under the pale moon (Sandman)

Yahoo! Mail agora com 100MB, anti-spam e antivírus grátis!
http://br.info.mail.yahoo.com/