delete/copy on table with foreign keys - Mailing list pgsql-general

From CSN
Subject delete/copy on table with foreign keys
Date
List pgsql-general
Is it possible to disable "delete casade foreign keys"
so all items in a table can be deleted without the
items in the other tables being deleted as well? The
only thing I can figure out is maybe drop all relevant
triggers, delete, import (I'm trying to reimport data
on only one table), then recreate the triggers. set
constraints doesn't appear to fit the bill, nor
transactions. In the archives I saw mention of "alter
table disable|enable trigger ..." getting added to the
TODO.

CSN