Re: Swapping in 7.4.3 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jim Ewert
Subject Re: Swapping in 7.4.3
Date
List pgsql-performance
With pg_autovaccum it's now at 95M swap; averaging 5MB / day increase with same load.  Cache slightly increases or
decreasesaccording to top.

 --- On Tue 07/13, Matthew T. O'Connor < matthew@zeut.net > wrote:
From: Matthew T. O'Connor [mailto: matthew@zeut.net]
To: jim.ewert@excite.com
     Cc: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:26:09 -0400
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Swapping in 7.4.3

Jim Ewert wrote:<br>> When I went to 7.4.3 (Slackware 9.1) w/ JDBC, the improvements are that it doesn't initially take
muchmemory (have 512M) and didn't swap. I ran a full vaccum and a cluster before installation, however speed degaded to
1*second* / update of one row in 150 rows of data, within a day! pg_autovacuum now gives excellent performance however
using<br>pg_autovacuum, but pg_autovacuum is using 66M of memory?  Please <br>clarify, I'm not sure what question you

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com