Re: Release planning (was: Re: Status report) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Release planning (was: Re: Status report)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> We could certainly do something along that line if we had a few people
> willing to be "gatekeepers".  We'd have to work harder at making the
> release generation process open and documented though.  Right now there
> are plenty of steps that only you, Bruce, or Lamar (respectively) know
> how to do...

I think we could do it if we restricted it to *just* one release back ...
but I do agree with Peter about ppls motivations for upgrading (bug fixes
vs new features) ... we'd have to have a 'two branch stable', one would be
only bug fixes, the other would be bug fixes+feature backpatch ... would
could get interesting trying to figure out release naming conventions :)

----