Re: (Again) Datacorruption using 7.4.2 on XFS/raid1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Florian G. Pflug
Subject Re: (Again) Datacorruption using 7.4.2 on XFS/raid1
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 01:22:02PM -0600, Brian Hirt wrote:
> FYI, I have seen the SW linux raid not detect failed drives and cause
> filesystem corruption on many occasions.  I would reccomend staying
> away from it.  Maybe what you describe is a problem with PG but, i
> doubt it.

Hi

I was under the impression that this only applies to the ataraid-drivers
(Those drivers for promise and hpt raid-controllers that don't really
provide hardware raid, but do provide a BIOS that is capable of booting from
raid1 and raid0 arrays) - well, I guess I'll have to figure out some way to
test the software raid.

greetings, Florian Pflug