Re: nested xacts: update password file - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: nested xacts: update password file
Date
Re: nested xacts: update password file  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 02:31:37PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> OK, but why would we document the contents of a file that are not to be
> modified by the user?

But how is the file used?  Where do I put the file, what do I put in
pg_hba.conf to use the file?  Can I have several files, one per
pg_hba.conf entry?  Can I use multiple files with a single pg_hba.conf
entry?  What happens if I have a username that has the separator in it?

"Los dioses no protegen a los insensatos.  Éstos reciben protección de
otros insensatos mejor dotados" (Luis Wu, Mundo Anillo)