Re: Working on huge RAM based datasets - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Working on huge RAM based datasets
Date
List pgsql-performance
Rond, Chris,

> > What would be most interesting to see is whether this makes it wise to
> > increase shared buffer size.  It may be more effective to bump down
> > the cache a little, and bump up sort memory; hard to tell.
>
> How do we go about scheduling tests with the OSDL folks? If they could
> do 10 runs with buffers between 1k and 500k it would help us get a broad
> view of the situation.

Yes.   We'll need to.   However, I'd like to wait until we're officially in
Beta.   I'll be seeing the OSDL folks in person (PostgreSQL+OSDL BOF at Linux
World Expo!!)  in a couple of weeks.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions