Re: Do we need more emphasis on backup? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Do we need more emphasis on backup?
Date
Re: Do we need more emphasis on backup?  (Richard A Lough <richard@sheugh.com>)
List pgsql-general
New FAQ added:

    <H4><A name="3.11">3.11</A>) What computer hardware should I use?</H4>

    <P>Because PC hardware is mostly compatible, people tend to believe that
    all PC hardware is of equal quality.  It is not.  ECC RAM, SCSI, and
    quality motherboards are more reliable and have better performance than
    less expensive hardware.  PostgreSQL will run on almost any hardware,
    but if you are building a server where reliability and performance are
    concerns, it is wise to research your hardware options thoroughly.  Our
    email lists can be used to discuss hardware options and tradeoffs.</P>

Adjustments?