Re: Accidentally deleted records - PostgreSQL 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Accidentally deleted records - PostgreSQL 7.2
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 01:23:57AM -0700, Szymon wrote:

> I have accidentaly deleted about 1,000,000 records from one table
> (about 80%). Is there any possibility to recover them?
> I found two files: xlog and a file which I assume contains all the
> data from the table (including the deleted rows). But I cannot read
> from it - I don't know the format of the data.

You don't have any backups?

Maybe you could use pgfsck to recover some data from the table, not
sure.  See http://svana.org/kleptog/

"The Gord often wonders why people threaten never to come back after they've
been told never to return" (www.actsofgord.com)