Re: Training and certification - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Training and certification
Date
List pgsql-general
Am Freitag, 9. Juli 2004 08:30 schrieb Bret Busby:
> Thus, recognised, international, industry certification of
> open source application systems development, either involving PostgreSQL
> as a database backend by itself, or, involving PostgreSQL as a factor
> could be useful, apart from having the internationally recognised

I don't even think the often-raised question about who would be entitled to
authorize such a certification program is the hard part.  Because, just as
PostgreSQL itself, such a program could come to be recognized more or less by
itself if a lot of people use it.  The hard part are the economics of the
whole thing.  There is no one who has the capacity to organize such a thing
worldwide.  And the whole thing doesn't pay off for the organizer unless you
can scale hugely.  If you can solve those questions, I'm all ears.  I and the
company I work for does PostgreSQL and other training, so I know what the
economics look like.

> From the web page at http://techdocs.postgresql.org/companies.php , that
> company appears to be a small company in Austria, and the company and
> certification appear to be recognised by PostgreSQL.org .
>
> Is that the only PostgreSQL certification that is recognised? Is it
> recognised internationally?

It's the only certification that managed to get a link on
www.postgresql.org. :-)