Re: User Quota Implementation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: User Quota Implementation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Jonah H. Harris wrote:

> - Would anyone want to use a group quota in PGSQL (rather than user-only)?

Yes ... I could see this as being more useful, not less ... where you have
a dept working on a database, but individual logins for audit logging ...

> - I assume that, based on discussion, not everyone sets up
> auto-vacuuming and therefore I would need to change the way I perform
> calculations.

With 7.5 and beyond, what is the chances that auto-vacuuming isn't used?
It would definitely change the direction of questions from "why is my
database so slow?" to "why is it telling me I'm out of space when my hard
drive is empty?" ... the fix for the second would eliminate the first :)

----