Re: Training and certification - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Eckermann
Subject Re: Training and certification
Date
List pgsql-general
I recall an extended discussion of certifications and
training some time back.  You may recall it, too.

The outcome (if it may be so called) was the view
that, given the nature of the PostgreSQL project,
there exists no entity that can bless a certification
and thereby make it "official", any more than there
can be (for example) an "official" linux
certification.  Any certifications would have to be
offered by those with an interest in doing so (Red Hat
is an often cited example).

Another outcome I recall was that one or more people
(apparently) stated their intention to develop
training materials that could be available for use by
people wishing to learn about PostgreSQL.  But I
haven't heard another thing about that.

AFAICS nothing has changed.  I am a little frustrated
by that, because a generally-acknowledged PostgreSQL
curriculum, with training materials available, would
be a very good thing.  But I can't talk too loudly,
because I don't have time to contribute to that.

http://www.postgresql.org/survey.php?View=1&SurveyID=22