The new server ... light at end of tunnel ... - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject The new server ... light at end of tunnel ...
Date
List pgsql-www
Just waiting on final quote, which will hopefully be this aft, to make the
order ... the new server will be a Dual-Athlon, 6x36G Seagate drives, etc,
etc ...

Just to give an idea of what the plans/scheduale looks like:

Once parts arrive, my contact is going to do a 48hr burn in, just to make
sure there are no readily apparent problems ... then, he's going to ship
it out directly down to Panama (he's in San Francisco) ... based on past
experiences, figure on 5 days from SF->Co-lo facility, figuring on customs
delays and such ...

Assuming hardware arrives intact, I have someone down there that will be
doing a base install of the OS for me, and getting it onto the network for
me to work on remotely ... I'll do the OS upgrade, and get the final
configuration stuff in place ... usually, 24hrs ...

Once that's done, then the VMs start moving ... that is the slow process
of the bunch, since its basically 'one VM at a time' so as to minimize
downtime per VM ...

That said ... I know pgFoundry needs its shell VM created, which will be
done as soon as we get the new server online ... are there any other
projects that need anything special done for them?

----