Re: incremental backups? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Marques
Subject Re: incremental backups?
Date
List pgsql-general
El Vie 02 Jul 2004 18:39, Jan Wieck escribió:
> On 6/22/2004 11:51 PM, mike g wrote:
> > Slony version 1 is supposed to be live very soon.  You can test beta3 if
> > you like.
>
> Slony-I version 1.0 is out now. It does not contain incremental backup.
> This feature is on the TODO list for 1.1.

I'm very interested in this.
How is it that a replication system would give the ability of doing
incremental backups?
How would these incremental backups compare to Informix's level backups (level
0 is a full backup, 1 are the differences from the last 0, and 2 are the
differences from the last level 1 BU)?

--
 10:05:02 up 1 day,  1:37,  1 user,  load average: 1.17, 0.93, 0.71
Martín Marqués        | select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar'