Re: Supported languages - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Supported languages
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Thomas,

> Joe Conway mentions five procedural languages shipped with PostgreSQL in
> his article. Perl, Tcl, Python, Pgsql, and C. What would it take to add
> Java to those languages? IMHO it would be rather natural given the large
> precentage of PostgreSQL clients that use Java. Another strong argument
> is the ability to write portable code.
>
> Needless to say, I'd be happy to submit my Pl/Java project.

Is either PL/Java or PL/J ready for prime-time?    As far as I'm concerned,
any PL which is "production ready" should be in the same place.

However, I'd the impression that both you and Gavin were still bug-hunting.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions