Re: : query using kylix (delphi) - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Jeroen T. Vermeulen
Subject Re: : query using kylix (delphi)
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 03:09:47PM +0200, Darko Prenosil wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 June 2004 13:03, Carlos Ojea Castro wrote:

> > I am trying to access a postgresql database using kylix (delhi).
> > I made a SQLConnection object and I got it active.
> > Then I made a SQLQuery object, but when I try to make it active, i get a
> > 'access violation' message.
>     This is not right list to ask questions about Kylix, however
> you probably have no access permissions to get the data (SELECT permission on
> targer table).

This may be a stupid question, but better safe than sorry: is the
message really a database-level access violation?  Or is it an access
violation in the sense of the process touching an invalid address?  It's
called a Segmentation Fault in the Unix world [Unix is not a trademark of
The SCO Group Inc. etc. etc. etc.] but IIRC Windows likes to call it an
Access Violation.

Jeroen