Re: Performance problem on RH7.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Performance problem on RH7.1
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 12:16:17PM +0200, Együd Csaba wrote:

> I've a problem with the perfprmance of the production environment.
> I've two db servers. One on my laptop computer (2Ghz, 1GB, WinXP, Cygwin,
> Postgres 7.3.4) and one on a production server (2GHz, 1GB, Ultra SCSI,
> RH7.1, Postgres 7.3.2).
>
> I run the same dump and the same query on both of the computers. The
> difference is substantial.
> The query takes 5 times longer on the production server then on the laptop.

Are both databases properly vacuumed?  Did you try a VACUUM FULL?  I'm
wondering why it takes a lot of time seqscanning the t_products table in
the production server compared to the laptop.

"Hoy es el primer día del resto de mi vida"