Re: how does license work for non-profit companies? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bill Moran
Subject Re: how does license work for non-profit companies?
Date
List pgsql-general
"D. Stimits" <stimits@comcast.net> wrote:

> A non-profit organization is interested in a new data application that
> would use a SQL storage system. I'm interested to know how non-profit
> companies that are not selling products are considered for licensing.
> Can they use PostgreSQL just like anyone else or do non-profits qualify
> as commercial use and need to consider other licensing?

I am not a lawyer.

The BSD license (under which PostgreSQL is distributed) does not differentiate
between different types or classes of users.  You are free to use PostgreSQL
for whatever you need, for no fee, as long as you don't violate the terms of the
license.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies