Re: index with LIKE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: index with LIKE
Date
Re: index with LIKE  ("Henrik Steffen" <steffen@city-map.de>)
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 09:00:31AM +0200, Henrik Steffen wrote:

> hello all,
>
> on my master-db-server i'm running postgres 7.4.1,
> and I have got two slave-servers running postgres 7.4.2

<snip>

> Is there such a difference in 7.4.1 to 7.4.2 ?
>
> A retardation of 722 ms is not acceptable for me, and I don't see why
> the indexes are not used.
> Do you have an idea? I have run VACUUM ANALYZE several times, and
> REINDEX TABLE foo and even
> DROPped and reCREATEd the index. Didn't help.

The classic issue is what encoding are the databases. Anything other
than C and like won't use indexes.

Also, you did a vacuum analyze on both, right?

Hope this helps,

Attachment