Re: Disappointing news - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Disappointing news
Date
Re: Disappointing news  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 01 June 2004 15:24, Mike Mascari wrote:
> "Hewlett-Packard Co. (NYSE:HPQ - news) will support open-source
> software companies JBoss and MySQL on its servers as it seeks to
> compete with International Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM - news)
> in offering Linux (news - web sites)-compatible services, a Linux
> executive said late Monday."
>
> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=569&ncid=738&e=1&u=/nm/2004
>0601/tc_nm/tech_hewlettpackard_dc
>
> Perhaps an advocacy member should persuade them otherwise...

Also see (Unwrap URL of course)
http://developers.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=109481&op=Reply&threshold=1&commentsort=0&tid=173&mode=flat&pid=9298111

Trusting his identity, I would say we need to persuade somebody else than HP.
If you have HP serving you, you can press your company. Also one of
postgresql supporting companies stepping up would be good as well..

 Shridhar