Re: Many databases on a PostgreSQL server - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Many databases on a PostgreSQL server
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Andrei,

> we are developing web applications and are hosting the databases of
> these applications on our MS SQL server. There are about 50 of them at
> the moment, but the traffic is not very large (the average is a few tens
> requests per hour and database).

No problem.   And, to be quite frank, if MSSQL can handle it, we can handle it
easily.

You could run into issues when you get up to, say, 500 databases.   But not at
50 ... heck, I think I have that many on my testing server.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions