Re: Win32, PITR, nested transactions, tablespaces - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Win32, PITR, nested transactions, tablespaces
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 28 May 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
>>> Off the top of my head ... the Installer and Service Manager come to mind
>>> ... and Tom's fsync changes ...
>>
>>> Right now, I'd say feature freeze is looking more like next Friday (June
>>> 4th), and we're evaluate it then ... that should hopefully give the above
>>> time to flesh out and get into CVS ...
>>
>> I intend to be done with fsync by Monday, but I won't have any time to
>> review these other patches until after that.  So pushing feature freeze
>> back a week sounds like a good idea to me too.  We need enough time to
>> make unhasty decisions about whether each of these features is ready
>> enough to go into 7.5 (or whatever we call it).
>
> Agreed, but I am concerned we are entering a period like we did with 7.3
> where we delay things a week at a time rather than in one-month chunks.

The *only* thing we are pushing back the beta for is so that the Win32
stuff can be completed ...

There is no reason why those working on the other features should be
slowing down as a result that they think they might not make it, since
even if they don't make it, it would be *really* nice to see the features
added at the start of the next dev cycle ...

----