Re: pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From jseymour@LinxNet.com (Jim Seymour)
Subject Re: pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-admin
<LSanchez@ameritrade.com> wrote:

> Thanks Mike!
>
> I already specified the IP address that was specified by my VPN
> connection. I read through the docs and found nothing about anything
> special with VPN connections.

Which address?  The address at your end of the connection may not be
the same as the address at the other end: The end trying to connect to
the pgsql server.

It appears from this

    "The log says: FATAL: No pg_hba.conf entry for host 10.29.15.113, ..."

the pgsql server sees (or saw) you coming from 10.29.15.113.  So is
that address, or a superset of it, in pg_hba.conf?  Has the server been
kicked in the pants to recognize the config change since it was added?

Jim