Re: Timezone fun (bugs and a request) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Timezone fun (bugs and a request)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 03:01:24PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
> > Also, it's worth pointing out here that falling back to Etc/GMT+/-n
> > is intended to be just that, a last-ditch fallback that won't be seen
> > in normal practice.  We still need to do some more work on
> > identify_system_timezone() to make that happen outside North America,
> > but I would like to think that average users will never see these zones
> > except by deliberate selection.
>
> BTW, as of an hour or so ago, identify_system_timezone is a bit smarter
> than before.  Please try it and see if it gets it right on your machine.

Works here perfectly, thank you.  I changed the system date to see if it
worked on DST too, and it does.

I can also attest that it takes a very short time to find the correct
timezone, and this is a very slow machine (Intel Celeron 533).

"No renuncies a nada. No te aferres a nada."