Re: commit messages from gforge -> pgsql-committers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: commit messages from gforge -> pgsql-committers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 06:07:15PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> > Personally I'd prefer the entire diff to be attached to each -committers
> > mail, which would circumvent this problem. Would others find that
> > objectionable?
>
> Yes --- way too bulky, not to mention it turns the list archive into a
> duplicate of the CVS store.  URLs pointing to the individual file diffs
> on the cvsweb interface sound reasonable, though.

It's easy to make a non-archived list which would contain the commit
messages with diffs, and keep pgsql-committers with only the URLs to
cvsweb ...

"El sabio habla porque tiene algo que decir;
el tonto, porque tiene que decir algo" (Platon).