Re: Fixed directory locations in installs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Fixed directory locations in installs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > > What use could printing the relative path possibly have?
> >
> > Debugging.  If I can't see it, I *know* I'm going to wish I could.
>
> Well, you can just look inside, it's not that big.  Supporting extra
> options might make the script twice as big and thus make it harder to
> just look at the whole thing.

OK, this is a followup from Peter on the pg_config issue.  We only do a
relative path if they used the defaults and put it all under a single
directory so there is probably little need for a pg_config addition.

Pennsylvania19073