Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Tue, 18 May 2004, Robert Treat wrote:
>
> > Just like Bruce has often asked the community how they feel about him
> > balancing his time between things like speaking engagements and patch
> > applications, core developers have a limited amount of time they can
> > spend on any given development effort. If I had to pick (If I got to
> > pick?), I would rather see Bruce/Tom/Jan working on helping these guys
> > finish PITR/WIN32/Tablespaces/etc... than working on closing the 7.5
> > branch.
>
> Except you miss one key point here ... if Bruce/Tom/Jan have that sort of
> time, why aren't they doing it now?

I can answer that one.  We only have limited time to help a limited
number of folks.  I have been Win32-focussed, so haven't had time to
help anyone else, and even applying patches has been delayed and folks
are complaining.

I have talked to Jan about helping me get PITR done.  It is very close
and Jan said he would work on a patch to help.

I think the poster's point was that once we enter feature freeze, we
have even less time to help folks, hence no progress in PITR until long
after 7.4.

Pennsylvania19073