Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mario Weilguni
Subject Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Am Monday 17 May 2004 22:42 schrieb Jan Wieck:
> > I doubt that. Having deployed several 7.4 databases, the first customers ask
> > (of course not in technical speech, but in the meaning) when the problem with
> > checkpoint hogging system down is solved. This is a really serious issue,
> > especially when using drbd + ext3. The system will become really unresponsive
> > when checkpoint is running.
> >
> > I heavily await 7.5 because of the background writer.
>
> Have you done some more extensive tests with 7.5 already and if so, what
> are your experiences with it so far?

Not really yet, I've installed 7.5 on a development machine yesterday, changed to JFS filesystem, and so
far the system feels more responsive, but I've yet to test it. 7.5 on my personal PC performed very fine, especially
with some more problematic queries it produced better query plans.

Regards,Mario Weilguni