Re: pg_ctl patch to integrate apache's rotatelogs - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: pg_ctl patch to integrate apache's rotatelogs
Date
List pgsql-patches
Andrew Hammond wrote:
> That's essentially what the patch does. It's better because it does
> it correctly instead of requiring an admin to learn how to do it
> correctly.

That is entirely unconvincing handwaving.  We already have a method to
do what you propose, and it's no less correct or harder to learn about
than what you propose.  Moreover, it isn't specific to any one
logrotation method and doesn't create any broken dependencies (or do
you propose that all PostgreSQL packages will in the future have to
depend on Apache)?