Re: I need Help - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martin Marques
Subject Re: I need Help
Date
List pgsql-hackers
El Mar 04 May 2004 01:50, Christopher Kings-Lynne escribió:
> > I installed postgresql 7.4 in my computer, I'm using
> > redhat 9.0 .
> > I installed pgadmin III but I can't to conecct to the
> > server.
> >
> > The port 5432 is not open.
>
> You need to set tcpip_socket = true in your postgresql.conf.

And in the case of RH check that the firewall isn't blocking that port.

P.D.: Olivia, I would suggest you to use the pgsql-general list for this kind
of questions, were you are likely to get more and maybe even better answers.
If you have problems with your english, try one of the local speeking lists.

-- 08:30:02 up 5 days, 13:52,  2 users,  load average: 0.93, 0.86, 0.79
Martín Marqués        | select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar'
Centro de Telematica  |  DBA, Programador, Administrador            Universidad Nacional                 del Litoral