Re: mingw configure failure workaround - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: mingw configure failure workaround
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> However, the problem is that the first line will actually appear to
> have succeeded, i.e. MSys's ln is lying to us ;-(

Then msys needs to be fixed.  There is certainly a bunch of
autoconfiscated software that gets compiled on mingw/msys every day.  I
would like to know why we are the only ones having this problem.  Has
anyone contacted the msys authors about this?

> This comes from the autoconf macro _AC_OUTPUT_LINKS defined in its
> status.m4, which I guess is what we'd need to override (is that
> possible?)

No

> if we are going to detect the failure, or maybe there's
> some more magical way that in my unfamiliarity with autoconf I am
> unaware of.

No