Re: Fixed directory locations in installs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Fixed directory locations in installs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> We'd also need to give some thought to pg_config output.  I think I
> would like to be able to see the relative path computed by configure
> as well as the effective actual path ... maybe a switch to specify
> which way to print it?

What use could printing the relative path possibly have?  It would only
be relative to the location of pg_config, which is of no interest to
the user of the printed information.  Let's not make this more
complicated than it needs to be.