Feature vs Beta Period (Was: Re: Plan for feature freeze?) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Feature vs Beta Period (Was: Re: Plan for feature freeze?)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 1 May 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I assume "just fixes" is for bugs not known when going into feature
> freeze, meaning bugs found during testing.

I don't agree with that ... I'd consider the Timezone stuff to be a
feature, since its major changes ... not having it working under Unix is a
major bug that needs to be fixed, but having it not working under, say,
Solaris but working everywhere else would be something that could be
addressed during Beta ...

----