Re: What can we learn from MySQL? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: What can we learn from MySQL?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 09:26:37 -0400,
  Robert Bernier <robert.bernier5@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> I think the pg grassroots are low end users (ie: people with less
> knowledge and budgets than the established parties). Everything of an
> opensource nature has always gained popularity and strength from these
> people.

I think some users are, but I think that the ratio of users new to
databases to those familiar with databases is going to be a lot
higher for MYSQL. I think this will also be the case for postgres
users running on Windows once the windows port is available.

As long as people learn and give back by helping other people once they
know more, things will probably be OK.