Re: index usage - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From brad-pgperf@duttonbros.com
Subject Re: index usage
Date
List pgsql-performance
When checking an index in postgres the original table has to be checked for
each result to find if the index entry is still valid?  In which case you
can't blindly scan the whole index and assume the data is good. I was used
to Oracle behavior where the index is up to date so it can do the scan
without hitting the original table.

Does this sound correct to anyone?

Thanks,
Brad