Re: Do we prefer software that works or software that - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: Do we prefer software that works or software that
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 24 Apr 2004, Stephan Szabo wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Apr 2004, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
>
> > Stephan Szabo wrote:
>
> > > Things like "don't worry about the catalog
> > >entries" don't fly when your standard functions are defined and
> > >looked up there.
> > >

> > Answer above.
>
> Okay, under that world view (as opposed to on the fly), I think the only
> issues come in from shared catalogs, most importantly user names.  This is

In fact the above is incomplete.  You also need to be able to do the right
thing when creating a database with a different setting than its template
database. I'm not really sure how to define "right thing" however if
things have been added to the template db.