Re: [pgsql-advocacy] MySQL vs PG TPC-H benchmarks - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Eduardo Almeida
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] MySQL vs PG TPC-H benchmarks
Date
List pgsql-performance
Folks,

I forgot to mention that I used Shell scripts to load
the data and use Java just to run the refresh
functions.

Talking about sort_mem config, I used 65000 but in the
TPCH specification they said that you are not able to
change the configs when you start the benchmark, is
that a big problem to use 65000? In the TPCH 100GB we
run 5 streams in parallel for the throughput test!  To
power test I think is not a problem because it runs
one query after another.

Another thing is that I put statement_timeout =
10000000

Some queries may exceed this timeout and I�ll send the
EXPLAIN for this ones.

The last thing is that Jan forgets to mention that
Teradata doesn�t show up now but in older lists shows
3TB and 10TB results.

regards
Eduardo

=== message truncated ===