Re: Linux User (& Developer) Expo 2004 - A brief account - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Linux User (& Developer) Expo 2004 - A brief account
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Peter,
>
> > I can maybe help you with some posters and brochures for the future.
> > The posters I have I kind of need myself and the brochures are
> > bilingual, but I can at least send you the designs and you can arrange
> > to have them printed.  That's probably cheaper than shipping them
> > anyway.  The brochures are especially nice because when someone asks
> > you about why PostgreSQL is better than MySQL you can point them to all
> > the items listed on the flyer.
>
> Also, once we can get the foundation off the ground, I'll work on funding for
> professional printing.   We'll need to have 3-4 "caches" of materials; one in
> the US, one in Europe, and one in Australia (maybe India, too?) which can be
> shipped around within those regions.    We did this for OpenOffice.org and it
> worked pretty well.
>
> Of course, with paid printing there's no way we can cover all 13+ EU
> languages.   Suggestions on how to handle this?    Prof. printed stuff in
> English, and photocopies in other languages?

I would do an Oo document and just send them a check and have them print
it locally.  It is probably cheaper to do it that way, and you can
update the Oo file for every release (you don't get stuck with stale
printed brochures.)