Re: PostgreSQL and Linux 2.6 kernel. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: PostgreSQL and Linux 2.6 kernel.
Date
Re: PostgreSQL and Linux 2.6 kernel.  (Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu>)
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 21:12:18 +0100,
  Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> I guess what I'm saying is it's not how many people you've got working
> on the optimizer, its how many accurate field reports of less-than
> perfect optimization reach them. In that case, PostgreSQL is likely in a
> better position than Microsoft, since the accessibility of the pg
> discussion lists makes such cases much more likely to get aired.
>
> Any thoughts?

I have seen exactly this happen a number of times over the last several
years. However there is still only one Tom Lane implementing the
improvements.