Re: PostgreSQL and Linux 2.6 kernel. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Paul Thomas
Subject Re: PostgreSQL and Linux 2.6 kernel.
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 04/04/2004 09:56 Gary Doades wrote:
> Unfortunately I don't understand the question!
>
> My background is the primarily Win32. The last time I used a *nix OS
> was about 20 years ago apart from occasional dips into the linux OS
> over the past few years. If you can tell be how to find out what you want
>
> I will gladly give you the information.

Googling threw up

http://spider.tm/apr2004/cstory2.html

Interesting and possibly relevant quote:

"Benchmarks have shown that in certain conditions the anticipatory
algorithm is almost 10 times faster than what 2.4 kernel supports".

HTH

--
Paul Thomas
| Thomas Micro Systems Limited | Software Solutions for
Business             |
| Computer Consultants         |