Re: PostgreSQL and FreeBSD SoftUpdates - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: PostgreSQL and FreeBSD SoftUpdates
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> > what version of FreeBSD are you using?  I'm running 4.9-STABLE with
> > softupdates on my db file system ...
>
> FreeBSD goddard.calorieking.com 4.9-STABLE FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE #2: Mon
> Jan 26 23:23:17 EST 2004
> wg@goddard.calorieking.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GODDARD  i386
>
> We're not 100% sure it's softupdates, but we can't see anything else
> that it could be.

Right off the top of my head, it almost sounds like a file is being held
open after its been deleted ... we went through that with the new aspseek
a little while back, where 170gig just disappeared overnight, but du
showed hardly any disk space being used ...

Does restarting the database server (not rebooting, just restarting the
postmaster) free up the disk space?

----