Post to hacker list - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco Reyes
Subject Post to hacker list
Date
List pgsql-general
Sent the email below to the hackers list. Since I was not in the list it
gave me a message saying it needed to be authorized.

I then tried to join the hackers list in case people answered and did not
CC me personally. Never got the confirmation email from the list. Anything
special about the list? Is it a closed list?

I am basically trying to see what it would take in $$ to get someone to
improve inherittance. If the actual work would be too expensive maybe
could at least pay someone for a study of what exactly needs to be done
and then maybe leave the actual work for another phase or see if someone
would be willing to do it for a fee I could afford.

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:26:25 +0000 (GMT)
From: Francisco Reyes <francisco@natserv.net>
To: pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: Inherited tables

On a recent thread Stephan Szabo mentioned some issues with inheritance.

***********
> On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Stephan Szabo wrote:
>
> > There are two separate things here that are gotchas
> > The first is that unique constraints don't inherit, and foreign keys must
> > refer to a unique constraint.
>
> > These are both deficiencies in inheritance and the constraints in
> > question.

Anyone could comment on those problems?
I am working on a design which will heavily use inherittance and I think
on the long run the limitations above could make things to be more work
for me.

I would be willing to put some money forward to have someone work on
improving those limitations. Anyone knows who may be a good candidate to
work on this?