Re: ERROR: function round(double precision, integer) does - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: ERROR: function round(double precision, integer) does
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 06:12:36PM -0800, Glen Parker wrote:

> This popped up because we're doing dev work against a 7.4 server but
> deploying against a 7.2 server.

Don't do that.  You're going to have loads of trouble.

> these queries are concerned.  I'm considering Postgres to be broken.  Am I
> wrong?

Yes, you are.  These are different pieces of software, and they'll
have different behaviour.  It's not like developers renumber the
versions for fun.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The fact that technology doesn't work is no bar to success in the marketplace.
        --Philip Greenspun