pgsql-server/contrib/xml Makefile README.pgxml ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From momjian@svr1.postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian)
Subject pgsql-server/contrib/xml Makefile README.pgxml ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    momjian@svr1.postgresql.org    04/03/04 23:24:50

Modified files:
    contrib/xml    : Makefile README.pgxml pgxml.sql.in
Added files:
    contrib/xml    : xpath.c xslt_proc.c
Removed files:
    contrib/xml    : TODO pgxml.c pgxml.h pgxml_dom.c
                     pgxml_dom.sql.in

Log message:
    Thanks to the generous support of Torchbox (http://www.torchbox.com), I
    have been able to significantly improve the contrib/xml XPath
    integration code.

    New features:

    * XPath set-returning function allows multiple results from an several
    XPath queries to be used as a virtual table.
    * Using libxslt, XSLT transformations (with and without parameters) are
    supported. (Caution: This support allows generic URL fetching from
    within the backend as well).

    I've removed the old code so that it is all libxml based. Rather than
    attach as a patch, I've put the tar.gz (10k!) at
    http://www.azuli.co.uk/pgxml-1.0.tar.gz
    (all files in archive are xml/....).

    I think this is worth replacing the contrib version with, even though
    the function names have changed (though the same functionality is
    there), because it includes a SRF and some SPI usage, in addition to
    linking to an external library. And it isn't a big module! Obviously, I
    understand that people might prefer to move it elsewhere, or might have
    reservations about replacing an existing contrib module with an
    incompatible one. I'm open to suggestions.

    John Gray