Re: [pgsql-www] Collaboration Tool Proposal - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] Collaboration Tool Proposal
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Paul,

> Your main concern about RT isn't true, at least here at my office. I
> installed RT, with no prior experience with any OSS tracker, back in
> October, and it worked on PostgreSQL the first time. (PostgreSQL support was
> one of the main reasons I chose it to track issues on my
> PostgreSQL/Perl-based webapp.) I made this point in an earlier post in this
> thread. There is no conversion effort needed with RT 3.0.6, it just works on
> PostgreSQL.

My apologies, then!   I was operating off of the statements of others, and the
fact that the only RT impelementations I've used were running on MySQL.   So,
questions:

1) can you compare/contrast RT vs. BZ vs. Simplified bug-tracking, like
GForge?

2) What help, if any, would we be able to get in supporting RT from the RT
community?

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions