Re: [pgsql-www] Collaboration Tool Proposal - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] Collaboration Tool Proposal
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Folks,

Tim Perdue sent me this.

--
-Josh BerkusAglio Database SolutionsSan Francisco
Josh Berkus wrote:

> Tim,
>
> To follow up on the previous question, there are a few features that I'm not
> seeing in the GForge demo online.   These are all features that our
> developers will ask about:
>
> Project home pages:  is there an easy way to create these?
> Mailing list management:  where?
> Web forums: search feature?
> Bug Tracking:  is there the ability to add more characteristics to bugs?
> Cvsweb:  I notice ties from gforge.org to cvsweb.   Is this something we can
> easily set up?

Josh, someone pointed out the list discussion going on today, and I
wanted to comment on this, but am not subscribed:
>  - How will mailing list subscribers be affected?

If you already use mailman, it would be seamless, as GForge does too. It
would be a matter of entering all the mailman lists into the GForge
database (probably scriptable, assuming GBORG had any rational naming
convention).
>  - How will CVS users be affected?

Same again most likely. GForge uses unix groups & users to control CVS,
so they would have to be backfilled into the GF database.
>  - Can the mailing list archives be moved over?

GF uses mailman to archive lists for now (although GF4 has a snazzier
system)
>  - Where will my old bug reports and corresponding discussions go?

I may be able to help you migrate your database structure over, assuming
it is even remotely understandable.