Re: Postgres clustering? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Postgres clustering?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 03:22:02PM -0600, Keith Bottner wrote:
> I am very interested in a similar solution and believe that I could get some
> resources from my company for implementing such a system. Are you interested
> in helping to develop the functionality for Postgres?
>
> Is anybody else in the Postgres world even interested in pursuing this
> functionality set in more than lip service? Are there any currently active
> Postgres projects out there trying to achieve this?

If you want this, then go and support the folks working on the
Postgres-R project.  They have a design for this sort of thing there,
although it does some remarkably tricky things that not everyone
thinks will work.  (I happen to be among the somewhat optimistic on
this front, but I haven't been able to bring any money to the
project.)

Andrew Sullivan