Re: postgreSQL licenseing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: postgreSQL licenseing
Date
Re: postgreSQL licenseing  (David Garamond <lists@zara.6.isreserved.com>)
List pgsql-general
Tiptur, Sathish (MED) wrote:
> 1) If we just ship the PostgreSQL binaries in our product(without
> source code), do we need to include the BSD licence text anywhere?

Yes.  The license says "... provided that the above copyright notice and
this paragraph and the following two paragraphs appear in all copies."
Note that it doesn't say "provided that the notice is displayed in
annoying ways", but it needs to be accessible in reasonable ways.

> 2) Does PostgreSQL software makes use of any other
> libraries/softwares? If yes, what are they?

That depends on your platform and compilation options.  See the
installation instructions for what software is required and optional.

> 3) Are there any patents applied/granted for PostgreSQL software? If
> yes, what are the patent numbers?

I don't think anyone knows the final answer to that.